First Tee School Program
In more than 9,000 elementary schools across the United States, many students are teeing off for the first time thanks to the First Tee School Program (formerly NSP), bringing our curriculum to elementary school gyms during physical education class. Through safe, fun activities, elementary students are learning the basic skills of the lifelong sport of golf. By teaching elementary students the First Tee’s Nine Core Values and Nine Healthy Habits, we’re putting them on the course to a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Create a safe introduction to golf for today’s students and teachers.
- Ensure that golf education meets the same national standards developed by the Society for Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE).
- Help students build character and confidence through the positive personal and social values associated with the game.
- Engage students in daily lesson activities that lead to development of basic golf motor skills
- Show students that golf can be a great lifelong recreation and health-enhancing activity.
- Make the positive values of golf a part of the classroom and students’ everyday lives.
First Tee School Program gives physical educators all the tools to get started. We provide the training, equipment, and lesson plans that integrate life skills and values with the game of golf and motor skills. We have an online community for teachers and youth leaders delivering our program, providing access to the curriculum, resources, and connections with peers delivering the program around the country.
With more than 70 participating St. Louis area elementary schools and support from local communities, the First Tee School Program has established an impressive number of partnerships that encourage students to pursue their interest in golf and adopt its values beyond the classroom. By teaching elementary students First Tee’s Nine Core Values and Nine Healthy Habits, we’re putting them on the course to a healthy and active lifestyle.
Ready to Get Started?
To learn more about implementing this program in your area, contact us below and we will be in touch with more information.